Sable677

Sable677

Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett

Summoning the Night was another amazing read by Bennett and a great second adventure for Arcadia Bell.  Bennett had created such memorable characters in Arcadia, Lon, and Jupe in Kindling the Moon that I was thrilled to see them back again in this second book.  I liked the development of Arcadia being more a part of Lon and Jupe's family.  The one thing that really sells this series for me is the closeness not just between Arcadia and Lon but Arcadia and Jupe as well.  The stakes are higher for Arcadia this time because children are being snatched right before Halloween putting Jupe at risks.  Bennett really makes the stakes higher this time by putting Jupe in danger and putting Arcadia back in the Hellfire Club radar.  Summoning the Night was full of many twists and turns as Arcadia and Lon tried to solve this case, and Bennett made sure that the suspense keeps building until the book's action packed finale.  Overall Summoning the Night was a great read that I would most definitely recommend although I would recommend reading book one first to get the most out of this adventure.

Received a copy of Summoning the Night from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.