Sable677

Sable677

Heated by J. Kenner

Wow!  Kenner delivers another hot and steamy read in her Most Wanted series, and I found that I enjoyed Heated just as much as I did the first book.  I really loved how Sloane and Tyler were so different from Evan and Angelina.  I also enjoyed the additional conflict of Sloane being a cop.  Both Sloane and Tyler were well developed throughout the book, and I really enjoyed seeing both grow as characters as they grew closer.  The addition of the mystery of Sloane's missing friend set up these characters meeting and provided them with a common goal.  Adding in some hot and steamy love scenes only made the book even more exciting.  I can't wait to see what Kenner has in store for book three.  Overall Heated was an amazing read that I would most definitely recommend if you are looking for a hot summer read.  And while this book is part of a trilogy, I do think it can be read as a standalone although reading book one will add to the experience of seeing the bigger picture.

The edition that I had also contained a novella, Take Me, with characters from Kenner's other trilogy.  I just wanted to make a few comments regarding it.  Take Me was a great treat because it brought the reader back into the world of Nikki and Damien just as their happy day approached.  I really loved how Kenner allowed Nikki to face some more of her past demons (her mother) so she can put them past her before the big day.  Add in some steamy scenes and of course Damien giving the reader quite a treat.

Received a copy of Heated through NetGalley in exchange for an  honest review.