Sable677

Sable677

The Spider by Jennifer Estep

The Spider is the second book that I have read in this series, and I found it to be an amazing read.  I had previously read book one in the series, and I had been nervous about jumping so far ahead in the series.  However my worries were not an issue because this book explains the origins story for Gin and events before the series began.  Estep does such an amazing job at bringing her characters to life and making the reader care about them.  Despite being an assassin, Gin is a very likeable character that you can not help but enjoy reading about.  I really enjoyed seeing how she became the Spider and the development of the character as the book progressed and she had to learn from her mistakes.  I also enjoyed seeing Fletcher and Finn back because they both really added to the story and made the stakes higher.  The Spider was full of many twists and turns and proved hard to put down.  Overall The Spider was an amazing read, and I would definitely recommend not only this book but this series to any urban fantasy lover.  I look forward to reading more of Gin's adventures.

Received a copy of The Spider through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.