Sable677

Sable677

The Sins of the Father by Jeffrey Archer

The Sins of the Father was just as moving, engrossing, and impossible to put down like the first book in this series.  I really liked how Archer gave the reader multiple points of view throughout the book since Harry, Emma, Giles, Hugo, and Maisie found their lives taking them all in different directions.  The book picks up with poor Harry accused of a crime he didn't commit, and the suspense never lets up.  I really liked how Archer builds up the suspense of one character's story only to leave you hanging by moving onto the next character thus making it impossible to put down this book.  The character development of all characters with the exception of Hugo is well done, and since Hugo is a perfect villain his lack of growth isn't surprising.  Naturally the book ends with another cliff hanger making it necessary to move onto book three, but because the reader has come to be invested in all of these characters you want to move onto the next chapter.  Overall The Sins of the Father is an amazing read, and I cannot recommend this series enough.