Sable677

Sable677

Double Dip by Gretchen Archer

Double Dip is the first book that I have read by Archer and despite being the second book in the series I was able to jump right in.  I found myself caught right up in the action and the chaotic life of Davis from the beginning of the book, and Archer did a great job at keeping up the action, the humor, and the suspense till the very end of the book.  Davis was a great leading character, however it was the band of secondary characters that I truly enjoyed and felt really added to the story.  This series really reminded me of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series which is a favorite of mine, and I liked how Archer combines mystery, action, suspense, and especially the humor.  I just love when books can make me laugh out loud during parts, and this book definitely does that.  The book is full of enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged, and I look forward to reading more adventures featuring Davis and her cohorts.  I have already purchased book one in the series to catch up.  Overall Double Dip is a great read.

Received a copy of Double Dip through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.