Sable677

Sable677

Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen

Girl Missing proved to be a fast paced thrilling read that was very hard to put down.  I have read a few books in Gerritsen's Rizzoli and Isles series and enjoyed them, and I found Girl Missing to be just as good.  Gerritsen does a great job at developing her main character who was from the wrong side of town and who really made something of herself.  Despite her career success, Kat refuses to turn her back on her past and decides to investigate when people from her old neighborhood start dying mysteriously.  I love reading about strong heroines, and Kat definitely fits the bill.  Adam is a perfect fit as hero because he has his own issues, and it is his missing stepdaughter that originally brings him into the case.  The book's main mystery is well done with just enough twists and turns to keep the reader guessing.  I like how Gerritsen mixes in some romance amongst the action and suspense.  Overall Girl Missing proved to be a suspenseful read that I would definitely recommend to any thriller lover.

Received a copy of Girl Missing through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.