Sable677

Sable677

The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly

The Scarecrow was the book chosen for my book club this month, and I found it to be a compelling read.  The Scarecrow is the second book that I have read by this author, and it is the second book by this author chosen by my book club to read.  I found myself caught up in this book immediately because of how much I enjoyed the Jack McEvoy character.  The book begins with Jack being given the pink slip at his job and the task of training his own replacement.  As if his day couldn't get any worse, a woman calls him at the paper and gives him a hard time about a story he had written thus thrusting him into a big story that he never expected.  Connelly does a great job with his characters investing the reader not just in Jack and Rachel but also the victims of The Scarecrow who is definitely a creepy villain.  The book is full of many twists and turns as well as gives the reader an action packed read.  Overall The Scarecrow proved to be a great read, and now I want to go back and check out Jack's previous adventure.