Sable677

Sable677

Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James

I decided to read this book to see what all of hype was about.  It proved to be a pretty good read, but I wouldn't recommend it as being for everyone.  The book follows the Ana character as she graduates from college and starts her new life.  Just as her student life ends, she meets the mysterious Christian Grey and gets caught up in a turbulent affair that rocks her world.  James delivers an easy to read story that follows Ana as she tries to come to terms with Christian's world and what she wants and needs for her own happiness.  Christian is a complex character and this book barely touches upon his issues and past which I am sure will be addressed in the series' other books.  Ana does get the opportunity to grow in this book as she makes the best choice for herself.  The Ana character is more fleshed out in this book, and I enjoyed the first person narrative so the reader really got inside Ana's head.  The book contains some erotic love scenes that may not be for everyone, but overall I did enjoy the book.