Sable677

Sable677

King and Maxwell by David Baldacci

I had read and enjoyed a book in this series before, and having really enjoyed the King and Maxwell TV show last summer, I definitely wanted to check out this book.  Baldacci delivers a fast paced, thrilling tale that keeps the reader on their toes from the very beginning.  I really enjoyed the book's short chapters which remind me of James Patterson's books because it kept the action really moving.  Sean and Michelle are still facing the ramifications of their last case which had Michelle nearly dying when they get pulled into a case because of a young teenage boy they both grow to care about.  A simple case of trying to find out how a boy's father died turns into so much more when the "dead" father contacts his son.  I really enjoyed how Baldacci pulled in his secondary characters like Edgar, Tyler, Kathy, Sam, and even Sean's ex-wife and made the reader care about what happened to them as well.  The book is full of many twists and turns to keep the reader guessing, and I think both old and new fans will really enjoy it.  Baldacci really knows how to deliver top notch thrills, and I look forward to reading more books in this series.

Received a copy of King and Maxwell through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.