Sable677

Sable677

Broken Blade by JC Daniels

Broken Blade is the first book that I have read by Daniels and the first that I have read in this series.  Despite being the third book in the series, I found that I was able to catch on to what was going on and enjoy the story.  Daniels does a great job with her world building, and I liked seeing how she brought to life her world full of shifters, vampires, and witches.  I especially liked seeing her character development of her main character, Kit.  Having been traumatized in the previous book by her kidnapping and torture at the hands of vampires, Daniels shows the immense damage done to Kit both emotionally and physically, and I enjoyed seeing this strong character take her life back bit by bit.  The book's storyline was well done with Kit's first simple case of finding a missing shifter young man then leading into the search for Pandora's Box and a threat to everyone.  I also really liked the secondary characters like Damon, Justin, and Doyle who all really added to the story.  Overall Broken Blade was a fabulous read that I would most definitely recommend, and I look forward to checking out the past books in the series as well as the next book.

Received a copy of Broken Blade through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.