Sable677

Sable677

A Christmas Hope by Anne Perry

A Christmas Hope is the first book that I have read by Perry, and I found that I really enjoyed it.  I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but since I was looking for a good holiday read this seemed to fit the bill.  I really enjoyed Perry's writing style and setting of Victorian London.  Perry also delivered a good mystery with Claudine trying to determine the truth about what happened the night Winnie was killed.  Claudine was a well-developed character who was trying hard to make sure the wrong man didn't pay for a crime he didn't commit.  I liked the character's strength of being willing to defy society and even her husband to get to the truth.  I also enjoyed how Perry tied in current events with Claudine's past and regrets so that Claudine could deal with the choices she had made and impart wisdom to a young girl in the same situation.  Overall A Christmas Hope was an enjoyable read that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys historical fiction, a good mystery, and a holiday tale.

Received a copy of A Christmas Hope through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.