Sable677

Sable677

Her Royal Inheritance by Kate Emerson

Her Royal Inheritance is the first book that I have read by Emerson, and it proved to be an amazing read. I have always enjoyed reading about Tudor England both fiction and nonfiction which is why this book appealed to me. Emerson delivers an intriguing tale full of drama, mystery, and a hint of romance. Audrey Malte grew up thinking that she was the daughter of King Henry VIII's tailor, but rumors start to make her think that she may actually be the daughter of the king. The search for the truth sends Audrey on a journey of growth as she goes from a small child to a young woman who wants to follow her heart instead of being a pawn for those who want her inheritance. The one thing that I really enjoyed about this book was how Emerson used the format of Audrey telling her story to her young daughter Hester so that Hester would never have to go searching for the truth like Audrey had to. Audrey imparts the wisdom her own journey taught her so that her young daughter can use what she learned to avoid the mistakes of the past. The attention to detail in the book is well done showing how much research Emerson did to create this amazing story. Overall Her Royal Inheritance proved to be an amazing read that I would most definitely recommend to anyone who has enjoyed books by Philippa Gregory and Alison Weir.

Received Her Royal Inheritance through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.