Sable677

Sable677

Midnight Lies by Ella Grace

Midnight Lies is the first book that I have read by Grace, and I found that I really enjoyed it.  Grace does a great job at blending action, suspense, romance, and mystery.  The book begins with the murder of Quinn's ex-wife and the falling apart of Quinn and Samantha's relationship as the result of Quinn being a suspect.  Grace does a great job at giving the reader both sides to the fallout, and since both Quinn and Samantha have things in their past that make it hard on them to trust you can't help but root for these two.  The character development for both leading characters is well done, and both characters really grow as the book progresses.  Midnight Lies is full of many twists and turns and does a great job at keeping the reader guessing.  Despite being part of a series, I think this book can be read as a standalone however Grace really makes you care about not just the main couple but her secondary characters as well so you will want to read more books in the series.  Overall Midnights Lies is an amazing read that I would most definitely recommend.

Received a copy through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review.