Sable677

Sable677

Elizabeth of York by Alison Weir

Alison Weir is one of my favorite authors of both historical fiction and nonfiction so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to read and review Elizabeth of York.  I just love Weir's writing style that brings to life the world that she is describing.  Weir does a great job at giving the reader the whole picture of the major people and events surrounding Elizabeth of York.  While the main focus is on Elizabeth, it is Weir's ability to give the reader the whole picture that really brings this period into focus.  I also really enjoyed the little details like describing the food, everyday things that happened, and even the costs to make this period more relatable to the reader giving them a more detailed picture of how these people lived.  Elizabeth of York was a fascinating woman, and Weir does an amazing job at showing why she such a notable queen.  Overall this book was an amazing read that I would most definitely recommend to any history fan of the Tudors and Elizabeth in particular and any fan of historical fiction about Elizabeth because this book provides a very detailed background on her.

Received a copy of Elizabeth of York through Net Galley in exchange for a review