Sable677

Sable677

Watching the Dark by Peter Robinson

I had thought this author had seemed familiar to me but the series necessarily didn't.  It turns out that I had read the author before for my book club just not this series.  I found that I enjoyed this book just as much as I did the author's standalone book "Before the Poison."  Despite this book being later in the series, I found that I picked up on everything and was able to get a good feel for all the main characters.  I enjoyed both the Alan and Annie characters and their relationship.  I wouldn't mind going back and reading earlier books to see the development of this friendship however I think a new reader to the series can enjoy this book as a standalone.  I also enjoyed the introduction of Joanna and wouldn't mind reading another book with her in it.  Alan and Joanna have an interesting working relationship in this book, and with her wanting to change specialties I wouldn't mind seeing more with these two as partners.  The book's mystery is well done full of many twists and turns.  I also enjoyed how Robinson ties everything together.  Overall this book was an enjoyable read, and I will definitely be checking out another book in this series.