Sable677

Sable677

Turkey Trot Murder by Leslie Meier

Turkey Trot Murder is another excellent addition to Meier's Lucy Stone mystery series. Instead of looking forward to a family Thanksgiving this year, Lucy is sad that her children will be unable to be at home for the holiday. To take her mind off matters, Lucy decides to focus on this year's turkey trot. During her training for the trot, she comes across a dead body. Now Lucy and her loved ones inadvertently become involved in not one but two murder mysteries. These mysteries spark a debate about current events as the townspeople of Tinker Cove see how these hot topics hit close to home.

I always love and look forward to Meier's holiday themed books because I always enjoy spending my own holiday with my favorite characters. Turkey Trot Murder is a great holiday themed book because it is all about family, togetherness, and the goodness of people that surrounds us even in dark times. I like how Meier brought current hot topics (immigration and drug addiction) to the small town setting as Lucy herself got to see how these issues effect everyone. I loved seeing all of my favorite secondary characters back for another adventure, and I especially loved seeing Bill get more of a focus as he got caught in the middle of things as well. The book has enough twists and turns to keep the reader turning the pages, and I look forward to reading the next book in this great series.

Received a copy of Turkey Trot Murder through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.