Sable677

Sable677

Unraveled by Jennifer Estep

— feeling amazing

Unraveled is the latest adventure in Estep's Gin Blanco series, and this book proves once again why this is one of my all time favorite series.  The book starts with Gin trying to get intel on this mysterious Circle and her new enemy, Hugh Tucker.  Gin is also trying to help her foster brother, Finn, cope with the loss of his mother and the fact that his mother hadn't been who he had hoped her to be.  So when Finn mysteriously inherits an Old West theme park, a weekend getaway sounds just about right.  Naturally things don't go as planned, and Gin and friends find themselves searching for missing jewels as well as a battle for their lives.

One of my favorite parts of this series is the relationship Gin has with Finn.  From book one, these two just had such a special connection and I absolutely loved seeing Gin helping Finn with his grief and both remembering Fletcher.  Unraveled definitely deals with the past in this book as Gin also regains some memories of her own mother and their last Christmas together.  I loved how Estep used this "fun" theme park idea to bring up not just the past but also some great action as well.  Estep really knows how to combine action, adventure, mystery, family drama, and humor.

I also liked seeing the secondary characters like Owen, Bria, and Silvio back as well.  I love when series have a great ensemble cast where the reader is invested in all of the characters like this one.  Unraveled definitely tests all the characters and it proves to be very hard to put down.  It also opens up a new mystery at the end leading into the next book.  Overall, Unraveled was an amazing read that I would most definitely recommend.  I look forward to reading Gin's next adventure.

Received a copy of Unraveled through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.