Sable677

Sable677

Pearls Gone Wild by Diane Vallere

Pearls Gone Wild is another excellent installment in Vallere's Samantha Kidd series. This book takes place at Christmas while Sam is on vacation, but unfortunately murder happens once again. Sam's friend, Cat, is not only eight months pregnant but has just been abandoned by her husband. When Cat's estranged husband is found murdered, it's Sam to the rescue to find out who did it. I absolutely love the secondary characters in this series because each character really adds to the book's story line but also brings out a different side of Sam. I loved seeing Eddie, Cat, Dante, Nick, and especially Logan back in this new adventure. Vallere does a great job with using each character to further the plot but also prepare Sam for a big decision by book's end. I also liked how the book brought up the Nick/Sam/Dante triangle giving it a satisfying resolution. Pearls Gone Wild had a good mystery that grabbed the reader's attention from the very beginning and didn't let go until the end. The book had enough twists and turns to keep the reader engaged from beginning to end, and I really enjoyed the Christmas time setting. Overall Pearls Gone Wild was a great read, and I look forward to reading Sam's next adventure. Received a copy of Pearls Gone Wild from the author in exchange for an honest review.