Sable677

Sable677

Black Widow by Jennifer Estep

Black Widow is another action packed installment in Estep's Elemental Assassin series featuring Gin Blanco.  Each book in this series seems to be better than the last and proves to be even harder to put down.  This book picks up with Gin and her friends trying to figure out what Madeline Monroe, the daughter of enemy Mab Monroe, has in store for them.  Gin and her friends are taken by surprise by Madeline's plan despite their precautions leading to an epic showdown between Gin and Madeline.

I love how this series continues to keep my attention and continues to surprise me despite being twelve books in.   Gin continues to be one of my favorite heroines as she seems to be constantly challenged in each book and learns something about herself as she faces down each foe.  I really enjoy the secondary characters in the book because they really add to the story and each bring out something different in Gin.  This odd little family is one of my favorite fictional families.  Estep continues to build up the suspense and action in each book making each one especially this one unable to be put down or forgotten.

Overall Black Widow was an amazing read that I would most definitely recommend.  If you  love urban fantasy and haven't checked out this series yet, then please do because you are missing out on a truly great series and heroine.  I can't wait to see what Gin's next adventure brings.

Received a copy of Black Widow through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.