Sable677

Sable677

House of the Rising Sun by Kristen Painter

House of the Rising Sun - Kristen Painter

House of the Rising Sun is the first book that I have read by Painter, but it definitely won't be my last.  Painter does an amazing job with her world building creating a world where fae, witches, and vampires live, and she brings to life a New Orleans that contains all three.  I absolutely loved the development of both main characters (Augustine and Harlow) as each face a trial that will change their lives forever, and I enjoyed how she brought these two characters together.  Both characters really grew from the beginning of the book to the end, and I am looking forward to seeing what these new directions for them both lead them in book two.  This book had many twists and turns keeping the reader's attention from beginning to end, and Painter did a good job setting up the next phase of the story in book two.  Overall House of the Rising Sun was an amazing read that I would definitely recommend if you enjoy urban fantasy with a dash of intrigue, drama, and some romance.  I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

Received a copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.