Sable677

Sable677

Slayed on the Slopes by Kate E. Dyer-Seeley

Slayed on the Slopes (Pacific Northwest Mysteries) - Kate E. Dyer-Seeley

Slayed on the Slopes is the first book that I have read by Dyer-Seeley, but it definitely won't be the last.  I am a huge fan of cozy mystery books so I am always looking for new series to check out, and this book definitely made me a fan of this series.  Despite being book two, I was quickly able to catch up with these characters especially Meg.  Meg is well developed throughout the book, and the reader gets a good picture of the other secondary characters through Meg's interactions and relationships with them.  Having never gone skiing myself, I could really relate to the Meg character, and while she did make some mistakes throughout the course of the book I found that I really enjoyed this character.  The book is full of many twists and turns as well as some red herrings, and the climax when Meg faced off with the killer brought on chills.  i loved how high the author raised the stakes.  Overall I really enjoyed this book, and I look forward to reading more from this author and definitely more in this series.

Received a copy of Slayed on the Slopes through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.