Sable677

Sable677

The Darwin Elevator by Jason M. Hough

The Darwin Elevator proved to be an exciting, action packed read that captures the reader's attention from the beginning and never lets go.  Hough does a great job with his world building creating a world where an illness makes it impossible for the majority of the population to live free on Earth forcing them to depend on a space elevator for survival.  I don't read a whole lot of science fiction however The Darwin Elevator really captured my interest making me want to see what happened next.  I think a lot of it was the characters that Hough created.  I really got caught up in the lives of Skyler, Tania, Samantha, and Kelly each of which were developed pretty well.  The book's villains were also quite ruthless making the stakes even higher.  Overall The Darwin Elevator was an exciting read that I would definitely recommend if you are looking for action, thrills, and intrigue mixed in with aliens, technology, and humanity's struggle to survive.

Received a copy of The Darwin Elevator through Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.